Thursday, December 2, 2010

Back in action :) ..Am I??!

Mark Zuckerberg is the main reason why thousands of us stopped writing. He made sure we are all hooked on to that one website, which made us forget we had other areas of interest too on the Internet! However this blog post is not about Facebook nor about Mark. They have both received enough mileage through the movie. This blog post is about hangover! Again, not the movie, but the state of mind which I am unable to get out off!
The term usually associated with alcohol actually does have more things to relate with than just alcohol. In my case, its one of my recent outings which I am unable to come out of. People have asked, "tell me, how was it? What did you see?". I am not sure what to tell them. To be honest, if i try to put it in words, I can say - we saw mountains. Some green ones and then some white ones. Some snow, some ice and some lakes, streams and rivers. Just the sorta stuff we always see when we take a walk in the wild. Words were never meant to describe these things. Right now while I write this, I wonder, how do I give you a perspective of what we saw or what we ve been through!? If I say we saw three 8km high peaks, you might ask me - Did you climb any!?(i ve been asked too many times now!!). Now that i ve told you that I saw 8km high peaks, the fact that I went 5416mts high sounds 3kms short of target. Numbers and facts seem irrelevant. They don't count for much when you look ahead to find a white patch of mountain staring down, standing atleast 5Km higher than you. The giant that she was, intimidation still remained one of the skills she was yet to aquire. 7931mts tall, she makes you go down on your knees, not out of fear by out of sheer awe and respect. An agnostic like me had all his doubts cleared. People traveled thousands of miles into the Himalayas to find God. I had just understood why. You see, most people kneel in front of God because they ve been taught to do so. Here you learn how that practice could have started. In my case though I could not close my eyes and pray, as I was too busy looking at her. However repercussions of seeing her are being felt now! She now does not let me sleep too well, haunts my dreams and also gave me an illness called day dreaming! Every morning(I mean, evening for the rest u!) I wake up hoping I ll see a huge window in front of me, outside which clear skies and the Majestic sight of Annapurna II will wait for me. Sadly its always my blue wall and dirty room that greets me to reality everyday. Reality bites harder when you need to go to work everyday and act like you enjoy what you do in front of your computer(Work on improving the world of illusion called Internet created by us for God knows what reason! How do I start enjoying this!?) . Different things have inspired me to write before, but this is the first time that I am doing the cliche - What's in your mind kinda writing! Hope you enjoyed it.
To those whom this read did not make sense, I care a damn(Dash Off! :P ) and to those whom it made some sense(?!!?), I recommend a trip/trek/expedition in Nepal. Its one helluva country filled with a lifetime worth to explore and experience. If you ve been there already, go there again. If you haven't, please go there atleast once. Unless you are going there for a honeymoon with your wife(or someone else's wife or girlfriend!!), please do invite me, i will most definitely want to be a part of the experience again.
Picture Courtesy: P V Srikant :)

On a different note, though Rafa has had a great season with 3 slams, Roger had the final laugh at London. A year that looked dismal with just 1 grandslam and 4 other titles(yes that's not a great year to his standards) got a great boost with him beating Nadal in the season ending final ATP tournament in London. Look forward to more of these in 2011. Go Roger!

1 comment:

Srikanth said...

Ah...!

Why am i stuck here!!!?
Why why why?!